We offer TEFL teachers a comprehensive package from start to finish where we assist with the application of any documentation needed from South Africa, Apostilles and Authentications of the South African documentation and the submission and collection of the visa application at the South Korean Embassy.
The visa for TEFL is called a “E2” Visa and allows a foreign national to live in and teach English in South Korea. The visa has a fixed period which can be extended depending on certain circumstances, the most important being an extended or new offer of contract.
The Embassy allows for E2 applications to be submitted and collected by a third party under a power of attorney.
Experience has shown that the institution issuing the contract often request that the applicant travels as quickly as possible, so preparations should commence immediately.
To assist with the submission and collection of the E2 visa we charge the following fees:
Professional Fee: R 1,500
Embassy Submission Fee: R 840 (price at January 2019, subject to change without notice)
For the E2 the following documents must be submitted:
- Embassy Fee – we will pay it on your behalf and include in your invoice
- Original Visa Form
- Passport size photograph
- Original Signed Contract from Korea, alternatively Visa Issuance Number
- Original Passport
- A photocopy of your passport
- The original EPIK Notice of Appointment certificate - arrived with your contract from South Korea (for public schools only)
- Original SAPS Clearance + Apostille
- Original prepared TEFL + Apostille documents
- We cannot stress enough that the Embassy will only accept original documents.