We often assist South African citizens who are going teach English in Asia with their TEFL Certifications.
All of the he Asian authorities are very strict and require the following:-
The correct Apostille of the TEFL Certificate
- The TEFL Certificate must match the exactly to your passport.
- If you have a middle name/names/hyphen the TEFL must show this e.g. Lisa-Marie.
- If any name or punctuation mark is missing on the TEFL certificate the Authorities will not accept the document. You will need to take this up with the institution that issued you with the TEFL certificate to get it corrected.
Original SA Police Clearance Certificate (SAPS) + Apostille
- The SAPS must be less than 6 months when presented.
- If the certificate is older than 6 months the Authorities will not accept the document.
All applicants are worried about what the relevant Authority will need. Some of the placement agencies explain the process better than others, either way we have simplified the process for you.
The Authorities will need the following when applying for your visa:
- Original Passport (we recommend you take a certified copy of the passport with you)
- Original SAPS + Apostille – this will not be returned to you
- Original Notarised and Apostilled TEFL documents – this will not be returned to you
- You will not hand in the original TEFL certificate but you must take it with you
- Invitation Letter / Visa Issuance number / Contract / Offer of Employment (dependent on Embassy) – Must be original and will not be returned to you
- The additional requirements which differ per embassy
We offer the following services to simplify your life:
HIGH COURT NOTARISATION AND APOSTILLE
- R 750 – Notary Fee for Notarisation of TEFL Certificate
- R 750 – Apostille of Notarised TEFL Certificate
The two processes above take care of all requirements of the TEFL certificate
- R 750 – to Apostille the original SAPS Certificate
- R 1,000 – Chinese Embassy Authentication process – For teaching in China only, not applicable to other countries
- R 750 – to Apostille all documentation issued by the Department of Home Affairs and SAPS
SAPS (only if your certificate is older than 6 months, or if you need one)
- R 1,500 to assist in applying for a SAPS reprint certificate
- R 2,500 for a new SAPS clearance certificate done in 10 working days
- If you are in JHB we offer a collection and delivery option for an additional R 250
- If you are outside JHB, but in SA, there is an additional charge of R 200 to courier the documents back (you will have to courier documents to us and we will courier back to you once completed)
- If you need us to courier the documents directly to Asia there is an additional charge of R 650 and it can take up to 6 days for the document to arrive. We only use DHL